Estonian STEM Education Union.
An umbrella organisation for everyone in non-formal STEM education in Estonia.
- Established – 28. January 2016
- Founders: Vaata Maailma SA, MTÜ Robootika, SA Tartu Keskkonnahariduse Keskus, MTÜ Tartu Erahariduse Edendamise Selts, Peeter Sipelgas (Viimsi Collegium Eruditionis), Konguta School – all award-winning in promoting STEM activites in Estonia.
- Estonian STEM Education Union (Eesti Teadushuvihariduse Liit) is an umbrella organisation for everyone who is involved in non-formal education in the field of STEM.
- The aim is to gain and share knowledge of the field and find new partnership opportunities in Estonia and aboard.
- Our members are both individuals and organisations. We currently have over 100 members. For example: local councils, teachers running their own after-school clubs, hobby-schools, scientists etc
What we do?
- Sharing knowledge:
- Workshops, events and study-trips for members
- Training programme for STEM educators
- Participating in policymaking, mapping the current situation (meeting with local councils)
- Rising awareness about STEM education:
- Being present at events targeting both teachers and parents to rise awareness about STEM after-school acitivities and www.huviring.ee
- Social media channels/media
- Awards for STEM educators.
- International relations
- Finding new partners / learning from others
- Main partners: Estonian Youth Work Centre, Estonian Research Council (STEM), Ministry of Education and Research and many more both private and public sector.